[Zope] Zope & OpenOffice

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:54:12 -0500

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 09:29:05PM +0100, Dirk Datzert wrote:

> Pieter Claerhout schrieb:
>
> > What about the ZGDChart product? It can be used to generate
> > charts without the need for OpenOffice. Looks like a more
> > elegant solution to me.
> >
> > You can find it at: http://www.zope.org/Members/teyc/ZGDChart
>
> I had a look at that, but I thing that ZGDChart is limited in features I
> want.

What about ploticus?  (ploticus.sourceforge.net).  Its big advantage
is that it is template based, so that you can define the chart and its
data independently.  Well documented, fast, can generate a variety of
backends, including png, jpeg, eps, ps, svg.  Define your template,
gather your data, turn ploticus loose.  Nearly every "business graphics"
type chart known to man.  Does not do 3-d effects.

Jim Penny