[Zope] Adding a Factory results in a new ZCatalog index type

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:17:47 +0100

Maik Jablonski writes:
 > in short-terms: when i add a simple new product with a "add list name"
 > like TEST (as described in the Zope Book), then 'TEST' will be displayed
 > in the list of INDEX-Types in a ZCatalog ('TextIndex',
 > 'KeyWordIndex','PathIndex','FieldIndex' and 'TEST'!!!!!!!!!). that's
 > what i don't want.
I looked at the code in "Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalogIndexes.ZCatalogIndexes"
and "OFS.ObjectManager.IFObjectManager" and "OFS.ObjectManager.ObjectManager.all_meta_types":

  The content of the (offending) add list is determined by
  "meta_types" and the products implementing the "PluggableIndexInterface"
  and the products from "_product_meta_types".

  Apparently, your ZClass is in this list. I would expect, that
  it implements the "PluggableIndexInterface", although I do
  not understand why it should do that.

Dieter