[Zope] ZPatterns grief!

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:41:15 -0000

Hi all,

I have been trying to install UserLogin and ZPatterns, with little success
so far!

I have found the below Email in the archives, which I thought would do the
trick. After a little file movement, I've managed to use the below
instructions to get the "make -f Makefile.pre.in boot" to compile properly.

However, when I do the second "make", I get the following error....

[root@greglux ZPatterns]# make
gcc -fPIC  -I../../ZODB -I../../../Components/ExtensionClass -g -O2 -I/usr/i
nclude/python1.5 -I/usr/include/python1.5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./DynPersist.c
In file included from ./DynPersist.c:1:
../../ZODB/cPersistence.h:89:28: ExtensionClass.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [DynPersist.o] Error 1

It's looking for a file ExtensionClass.h which isn't on my system anywhere!
???

Can anybody throw any light on this, or better still, point me towards
something else a little more straight-forward (well I can wish can't I?)
that will allow me to have some form of "register and login" procedure (I
want browsers to be able to enter their own messages and following that edit
them, but only once they've logged in. All this runs off a MySQL Db okay,
that was the easy part :)

>From reading older posts it seems many people have trouble getting UserLogin
to work... maybe an alternative product would be the best answer!!

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Greg Conway.