[Zope] Data.fs + WebDAV vs. LocalFS + Samba

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:58:55 -0800 (PST)

-> It is relatively easy to implement that. It could be the next feature for
-> our increasingly mislabelled OrderedFolder (which already is ordered, has
-> sub-objects, filters, optional transparency, etc.)

	Maybe you could call it "AdvancedFolder" on your next major
release.  Sounds cool.

	But if I make one OrderedFolder at the top of my site, can I use
regular folders for the rest and have them "acquire" (uh, inherit) the
advanced functionality?  Or do all the folders in my entire site need to
be OrderedFolder?

	Furthermore, if a user uses WebDAV to create a new directory, does
that directory become an OrderedFolder?  If it's still a regular Zope
Folder, then what's the point?"

--Derek