[Zope] Python Base Classes, ZObjectManager, and Subobjects

Ross Patterson rossp@ppc.ucsc.edu
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:20:58 -0800 (PST)

Thanks.  I looked at the ObjectManager code in mxm.  What I'm really
looking for is a way to subclass zObjectManager in a python base class
and have the "subobjects" management tab show up in a ZClass that
subclasses my python base class.  It works fine when I create a ZClass
that subclasses a ZCLass that subclasses ZClasses: ObjectManager, but
I can't get it to work from a python base class.  Any more help on
this is greatly appreciated.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Max M wrote:

> You might be interrested in doing this through:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/easyProduct
>
> Where everything is set up to work from the outset. I actually thinks
> that it does what most of what you want. Or just copy the class in the
> mxm folder and add to it whatever you need in your classes.
>
> regards Max M
>
> Ross Patterson wrote:
>
> >I'm transitioning a product from pure ZClasses to a hybrid product python base
> >classes and ZClasses.  So this is my first time working with python
> >products.

| Ross Patterson			rossp@cats.ucsc.edu	|
| Programmer/Analyst			(831)459-2792		|
| Physical Planning & Construction	Fax:(831)423-7436	|
| UC Santa Cruz				http:www2.ucsc.edu/ppc	|