[Zope] failure in lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:17:16 +0100

Hi!

> Thank you. I don't know how Zope could check the HTML type generated.
Isn't
> it the responsability of the page designer to insert the relevant tags
into
> the page (e.g. standard_html_header)?

Yes, it is. But to do it right for both HTML 4 and XHTML, Zope would have to
check these headers before inserting the BASE tag.

> > I guess you validated against HTML 4 or so, not against XHMTL ...
>
> Yes, as it is my intention to use Zope as an Intranet server providing
HTML 4
> pages.

O.k., but nobody will kill you if your documents are "better than standard"
with regard to HTML 4. There is no known issue with older browsers and the
<... /> notation, as long as the "/" is separated by a space.

Joachim