[Zope] Zope & OpenOffice

Bogdan M.Maryniuck bogdan@iuveno-net.de
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:10:13 -0800

On Monday 28 January 2002 09:58 am, Joachim Werner wrote:
> Just as a side note: OpenOffice is written entirely in C/C++.
That's reason why it starts 5 sec faster then StarOffice 5.2. ;-) But in
anyway, it still Java stuff.

> It is not at
> all Java-based.
Hmm... AFAIK it actualy is. It's same StarOffice, with new filters and less
GUI. Otherwise it can't be crossplatform...

> There are Java-based versions that use the C++ libraries,
Hmm... It's really interesting -- if we can import this stuff into Python, it
should be cool. Suppose Zope-based StarCalc (I'm serious -- why not?)...

> but those are only available from SUN as part of their ONE stuff or so.
Have You seen sources of OO?

--
Bogdan M.Maryniuck