[Zope] Auto restart (at Zope's own initiative !!!)

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:22:58 -0500

Keith J. Farmer wrote:

> Actually, I posted the dll and 3 test scripts (the two here, plus one
> non-threaded) to the sourceforge site, hoping for either a clue or a
> bugfix.

Oh ok.  It might be a good idea to post to comp.lang.python as well;
lots of folks are very helpful there.

> I think I did use the extending/embedding doc you sited, along with the
> O'Reilly books, when I was teaching myself to write extensions.  I don't
> recall anything much related to threading, except
> Py_BEGIN/END_ALLOW_THREADS, which I think just deals with blocking,
> which I suspect is a different (and irrelevent?) issue here.

Maybe... it really smells like a memory corruption issue or the
dereference of a null pointer or something, though.

> C's not my best language, so I'm always a bit suspicious of my C-code
> when dealing with something even remotely interesting.

I'm a very poor C programmer as well (I can barely code anything in C),
so I understand totally.

- C