[Zope] Folder with one million Documents?

Casey Duncan casey_duncan@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:48:24 -0800 (PST)

--- Thomas Guettler <zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de>
> Unfortunately my documents are not static files.
> They are python
> classes. They contain
> fields for meta data and sometimes binary files.

Then my suggestion would be to store the object
instances in a BTree of some kind (my suggestion would
be an IOBTree, which would just index them with an
integer), but keep the binary data separated out in
external files. It would be straightforward to write a
wrapper class that can manipulate the external
binaries, just storing the file path in the ZODB.

Storing pickles in an external database yourself makes
not sense, That's what the ZODB already does.