[Zope] Secure testarea

e-Musty emusty@mailbox.hu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:00:49 +0100

Huh, Guy, the problem against which I'm just fighting is that Zope wants to
authenticate users too many times. Then you are coming telling Zope do not
want to authenticate you :-)

If I have Internet Explorer, I would simply restart the browser to force
session data deleted and Zope to aks me to log-in again. Once you have
logged in, IE looks like providing authentication info without asking you,
but this whole business is very confused...

Can you access that resourc with the account with which you have created
those protected folders?

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Simon
Brun
Sent: 2002. január 29. 14:42
To: emusty@mailbox.hu; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Secure testarea

Thx for answering...

I did it this way before I wrote to the mailinglist. But I can't login
with any account when I try to access the folder or a folder below.
There is always the "Unauthorized - You are not authorized to access
this resource"-error. I created a manager only account and an account
without any roles but it doesn't work and I don't know why.

regards

Simon

e-Musty wrote:

> On the protected folder's management screen find and click the Security
tab.
> On that tab, clear the checkmark in the option box to the left of
permission
> View and check the box for View in the 2nd and 3rd coloumn to the right,
> that belongs to Authenticated users and Managers.
>
> This way you tell Zope require authentication before displaying the
contents
> of the folder and below.

   News: Order a free iEX ticket @ www.terreActive.ch
             t e r r e    A c t i ve   AG