[Zope] please wait message or partial page display

Jerry McRae Jerry McRae <jerry@usd1.com>
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:35:34 -0800

Hi Zopeople,

Is there a way to display a partial screen with a 'please wait' message?

Then display the remainder or redirected screen after it is rendered? I
want a message that tells users it could be 20-30 seconds before the
next, complex screen displays. The example in the Zope Book (in advanced
DTML) looks simple enough, but it doesn't display ANYTHING until the
redirect is finished. The closest I could find was RESPONSE.write('a
string'), but that disabled the following REQUEST.redirect and all the
other HTML in the screen.

I want a simple 'please wait' message or to show part of of page while
the rest is rendering. Someone else must want something like this, or
has done something like this. I have searched everywhere to no avail for
terms: partial, delayed, refresh, timed, redisplay, pop up, pop-up, HTTP,
headers, flush.

--Jerry
 /\_/\    Jerry McRae       \|||/       mail safely: The Bat! 1.53d
(~o o~)  (stuck in win98)   (. .)       Zope v2.4.1  - dryer than golf
(     ) / The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches,
          but reveal to him, his own. --Benjamin Desraeli