[Zope] Problems with editing Zope stuff via ftp from Emacs

Christian Wittern wittern@kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
31 Jan 2002 11:15:55 +0900

Dear Zopers,

I have read the archives and googled the Web, but could not get this
fixed: Connecting to my Zope from Emacs works fine, but after a while
(some minutes), Emacs and Zope are confusing each other and lock.  It
appears that while I am looking at a file, Emacs suddenly starts
thinking it is not a file, but a directory and tries to CD in there as
hard as it can.  The result is lines like this without endin the *ftp
..* buffer:

ftp> cd /Control_Panel/Products/ZTopicMapN/xtopicmap/propertysheets/methods/getScope_py\ /
550 No such directory.
ftp> cd /Control_Panel/Products/ZTopicMapN/xtopicmap/propertysheets/methods/getScope_py\ /
550 No such directory.
ftp> cd /Control_Panel/Products/ZTopicMapN/xtopicmap/propertysheets/methods/getScope_py\ /
550 No such directory.

Has anybody encountered this?  Is there an easy fix for this?  I am
using Zope 2.5.0 on Debian GNU/Linux sid, Emacs is 21.1

Any help appreciated,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern