[Zope] transactions not supported by this server?

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
31 Jan 2002 09:43:28 -0500

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 16:16, Greg Conway wrote:
> Thanks Matthew, that's done the trick. Okay, with that panic out of the
> way...
>
> Apologies for posting immediately instead of looking, but somebody is
> working on the Server at present, and will leave when I've run out of things
> for him to fix!
>
> Anyway, he's upgraded MySQL-3.23.33 (a tarball) to MySQL-3.23.47-1 (RPM).
>
> I wasn't expecting one of the features of such an upgrade to be the
> ommission of transaction support!!???!!

You need the MySQL-Max RPM for transaction support (in addition to the
one you already have). However, if your application works without it,
you aren't using transaction-safe tables to begin with, and so telling
ZMySQLDA to use transactions is not helpful. If you convert your
existing database over to use InnoDB tables or BDB tables, and install
MySQL-Max, then transactions will mean something...

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy