[Zope] Python/Zope + Alpha/Redhat == Memory Bloat?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:01:15 -0500

Stefan H. Holek wrote:

> I am observing the following phenomenon:
>
> Develop a Zope site on Intel/Redhat. Takes about 40MB RAM.
> Deploy the site on Alpha/Redhat. Contantly grows, easily eating 1GB (!)
> of RAM until it hits the swap and we restart Zope!

I assume you've removed extra products and you're running an "out of the
box" Zope.

The first thing I would look at is the "debugging" control panel.  It
will tell you if there are a lot of instances of specific Python
classes.  If there are, it could be a Zope bug.  If there aren't, it's
probably a Python (or C runtime or C compiler or kernel or hardware ;-)
) bug.

Shane