[Zope] Fixing PDF downloads

Simon Brogden sbrogden@ehive.co.uk
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:04:46 -0000

Hi All,
Our site has a number of PDF's (1-1.3MB) that we want people to be able =
to download. I gather from previous posts on this list that this can't =
be done with certain versions of Zope (we're hosting with 2.4.2 on =
Linux).

I've seen that the errors surrounding this issue have been fixed in the =
latest development release and was wondering if there's a monkey patch =
(kudos to whoever came up with that term, we like it here) available to =
just fix this issue.=20

I don't want the sites we host to be served with a dev. release, we just =
want that particular fix if possible.

The documents themselves are created from word files, but I don't want =
to have to resort to putting these on the site as we're forcing the =
reader to own ms word and wait forever to download them. Converting them =
to HTML would be quite time consuming (there's no way I'm going to use =
the HTML output from word) and our need is getting pressing.

I've also got to convince our ISP to apply the patch, if one exists, so =
I'd be grateful for any help or advice the list can provide.

Thanks for your time,
Simon.