[Zope] Protecting Zope Code

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:46:06 +0200

If you put your code in an (non ZClass) python class, I suppose you
could delete the .py files and let the users only see and use the
.pyc files.

It should be possible to do the same with zclasses. The ZODB seems
to store a compiled version of all scripts (at least zope complains
sometimes that scripts need recompiling), but you would have to
edit PythonScript.py as far as I can see to empty the _body property
while retaining the _code property. This is of course irreversable.

Douwe