[Zope] Protecting Zope Code

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 09:51:06 +0200

Stylus wrote:

>Can I protect my Zope code from being visible to users ? As far as I
>know - once a user has access into the Zope development environment then
>he can open the code of any ZPT or the third party products itself. Is
>it possible to generate  compiled code in Zope ?

If you have installed a Python product and it contains ie. a file called
"myProduct.py" the first time zope is started a file called
"myProduct.pyc" is created and placed next to the original file. This is
a "compiled" Python file.

You can then distribute the product containing only the *.pyc files.

regards Max M

--

"Sorry I would Really Like To Help More On This Project,
But Am To Busy Doing Paid Work On A Tight Deadline"