[Zope] Re: C&C hasRole, has_role, allowed, has_permission?

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:56:35 -0700

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > Looks like has_permission was a good choice -- I just
> > tried it. Interestingly, the IOError bug went away. I
> > find that very strange considering that that module
> > doesn't obviously do any I/O (but I guess it must).
>
> That's because, when you used hasRole, it was trying to output its
> warning (probably to the console), and failed with an IOError.

That makes sense.  I suppose I need to use >> /dev/null
to avoid this kind of thing in production use (though
in this case, the warning did its job -- I removed the
deprecated call).

Cheers,
Terry

Terry Hancock