[Zope] Accessing Files within Zope?

Dianne Van Dulken Dianne.VanDulken@team.ozemail.com.au
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:58:58 +1000

Hi all,

I have just set up a folder which is designed to contain details of all our
users.  I've set up a ZClass for these users.

The problem I am having is the transferance from our old system to our new
one.  I have a file containing all the email addresses of the old users
(which is all I need initially), one per line, and want to write a script
that steps through this file and processes the users into the Zope
interface.

The problem I am having is that I am finding it impossible to actually open
the file within zope so you can actually use it.  I've tried scripting with

filein = open(file)

But that never actually worked.

I've tried it in Zope methods with

"<dtml-in "_.getitem(file).split('\n')">

But that assumes it is a string (I admit, it was wishful thinking when I
tried that).

Does anyone know of a way to read a text file, contained in zope, and step
through it?  I've looked in the archives, and not found a way.

Thanks!

Di