[Zope] Unable tp configure PostgreSql to work with zope...

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree@mahiti.org
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:29:42 +0530

I am unable to install  PoPy-2.0.6 on my Linux machine.
On running configure i am getting this error.

 [root@server-2 PoPy-2.0.6]# ./configure
--with-python=/usr/lib/python2.1 --with-python-version=2.1
checking for python... /usr/lib/python2.1
checking python version... 2.1
checking python installation prefix... ./configure: /usr/lib/python2.1:
is a directory

checking python installation exec_prefix... ./configure:
/usr/lib/python2.1: is a directory

checking definitions in Python library makefile... sed: can't read
/lib/python2.1/config/Makefile: No such file or directory
done
checking for install... /usr/bin/install
checking location of python library... ./configure: /usr/lib/python2.1:
is a directory
$(prefix)
checking location of python shared modules... ./configure:
/usr/lib/python2.1: is a directory
$(exec_prefix)
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
checking for mxDateTime.h... yes
checking location of mxDateTime... /DateTime
checking for PQconnectStart in -lpq... no
configure: error: can't build without PostgreSQL libraries
[root@server-2 PoPy-2.0.6]#

I  could find  PostgreSql 7.0.3  folders  in /usr/lib/ ,  /usr/include/  and  /var/lib/

If any of you are using any simpler/ better methods of setting up postgres to work on zope, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
  - sree

--
"All your dreams come true, if you have the courage to pursue them."