[Zope] Re: pbind - maximising performance on a multiprocessor Solaris box (Was: ZMySQLDA Help )

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:42:08 +0100

--On 05 July 2002 16:39 +0100 Tony McDonald <tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:

[snip]

Yeah, I read the man page too. What I couldn't figure was how to
automate the pbinding ....

> The problem seems to be that the 'start' script starts off zope using an
> 'exec' command. This replaces the current process (a shell) with the zope
> process. Thus adding commands at the end of the script to grab the process
> id and 'pbind' it will be pointless as those commands wont get run...
>
> At the moment, I'm 'pbind-ing' manually :(

.... snap! Do we need some sort of cron job that looks for the
right sort of process and then pbinds it if it isn't pbound?

Making-it-up-as-I-go-along-as-usually yours,

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/