[Zope] Create subfolder at product creation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:21:27 +0200

Wolfgang Strobl writes:
 > On 5 Jul 2002, at 22:53, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > > Wolfgang Strobl writes:
 > >  > ...
 > >  > What is the purpose of myInstance._setId(id)?
 > > "_setId" is very well named.
 >
 > > This well chosen name makes questions as the above superfluous ;-)
 >
 > I would have called it _set__name__, setName or something, but not setId.
 >

 > >  > Is it necessary?
 > > Each Zope site object needs an id!
 >
 > But _setId doesn't set an id!
It does....

   You are confused by the fact that some object types use the "__name__"
   attribute to remember their id. They are allowed to do this
   as it is an implementation detail.

Use "_setId" to set the id and "getId" to fetch it. Leave it to
the object type how it stores the id internally.

Dieter