[Zope] Newbie: Ownership confusion

Rebecca.R.Hepper@seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper@seagate.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:30:16 -0500

Hello All,

Here is what my directory structure looks like:

Root Folder
   - acl_users (contains the following users:  admin (has manager role))
   - myportal
        - acl_users (contains the following users:  manager (manager role),
owner(owner role), member(member role))
        - topfolder
           -- folderA
                -- lots of subfolders
           -- folderB
                --my scripts/forms/html documents etc

While being logged into the management screens as admin, I have created a
form in root/myportal/topfolder/folderB  that will loop through each
subfolder in folderA and create a radio button for it.  (see example code
below)

python:myhere.objectValues('Folder')">
="value folders/title"></td>

I run into problems depending on who owns the subfolders in folderA.  If
admin created the folderA/subfolder, the form will display a radio button
for the folder.  If anyone else (i.e. manager, owner, member) creates the
subfolder, it will not be displayed.  Am I doing something goofy with my
permissions?

Also, is there a way to add a string to the description field of a folder?

Any advice or pointers to relevant documentation would greatly be
appreciated!!

Thanks!