[Zope] DTML, Zope and Regex

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:59:27 -0400

Hi:

Thanks for clarifying. I know it's not gone, and I've seen several threads
debating that. Just wonder if someone could expand how enabling regexes can be
unsafe for python scripts on Zope as Ben was suggesting. I feel regexes ARE an
incredibly useful tool, and wish they were available for DTML and python
scripts by default.

I feel doing it via an external method complicates things unnecessarily IMHO (I
am a Zope newbie, so don't know the reasoning behind this, but if PHP, for
example, allows its use and makes developers life easier, I don't see why Zope
restricts it).

Thanks,

Jorge M.