Analysing login problems (was: [Zope] Help needed)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:15:12 +0200

Pandey Ashok writes:
 > I have gone through the zope book but could not suceed
 > in get the folder wise access.
 > At the root folder if i give access to my users then
 > they r able to see all my flders below root folder. If
 > i create my users in one of the folder below the  root
 > folder then my users are not able to login..pls.
 > suggest me a better way to over come this situation.
Everything accessed above the folder a user is defined in must be public.

Your description seems to suggest that you try to use cookie authentication.

   If this is true, disable cookie authentication
   for the moment and try to access the login form directly.

   I hope you will get a browser login dialog. Cancel it.
   You should get an Unauthorized page detailing what can not be
   accessed.

   If the problem does not happen with the login form, try the same
   with the login action and the target page.

Dieter

PS: Please stay on the mailing list.