[Zope] DTML, Zope and Regex

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:31:13 +0200

On Friday 12 July 2002 04:05, Julian Melville wrote:
> > > joy!
> > It's not a joy. It's SLOW.
> Maybe, but who cares?=20
8-(...) Me. If You have really complex project, You'll feel it VERY.

> It's not _that_ slow, =20
It IS that slow. Try to compare PythonScript loop and DTML loop with=20
databases.

> and it's very rapid from a
> developer-hours POV to assemble uncomplicated sites with DTML if you ta=
ke
> account of it's limitations.=20
ZPT?

> I can see the point of ZPT for more complex applications, but it's real=
ly
> going to take me some time to get my head around that syntax. Therefore=
 for
> now, DTML is perfectly fine. I'm happy to hear it's going to remain.
Ah, that's answer for both of us! :-) ZPT for complex project, and DTML f=
or=20
_simple_and_or_small_. Here I agree with You fully.

--=20
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

Now I know someone out there is going to claim, "Well then, UNIX is intui=
tive,
because you only need to learn 5000 commands, and then everything else fo=
llows
from that! Har har har!"
(Andy Bates in comp.os.linux.misc, on "intuitive interfaces", slightly
defending Macs.)