AW: [Zope] Zclass deconstructor

Jorg Kubaile joerg@kubaile.de
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:59:20 +0200

> >  > I'm looking for a chance, to make some stuff on deleting an
> > instance of a
> >  > ZClass. On adding, there is no problem, cause of the
> > constructor methods.
> >  > but how will i make this on deleting?
> > You can try to define "manage_beforeDelete" as a Python Script.
> >
> Thanks Dieter. Thats it!
> But now the next question: which function will raise on
> Copy/Cut/Paste? On Cut/Paste, I need to write the new path to my
> Database. On Copy/Paste, I need to make a new entry. Any chance
> to do this?

ok, I got it by my own. I use manage_afterClone, to catch the Copy/Paste
event. But now it's getting really complicated :)

I have the function manage_beforeDelete, which deletes an entry in my
database table. the id is a property of the object.
Next, I have the function manage_afterClone, which makes an new entry to the
database, and renames the id of the new object to a new object id with
manage_renameObject. Now the Problem: it seams to be, that
manage_renameObject causes the call of manage_beforeDelete! So my old object
id will deleted in the database :(

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks Jorg