[Zope] Complete data loss - help please

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:48:06 +0100

--On 15 July 2002 19:08 +0100 P Kirk <patrick@enterprise-hr.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As part of an effort to get Zope and Apache playing together, I made
> some changes to my setup.
>
> I moved Zope's port from 80 to 8080 and gave it /tmp/zope.soc
> as a socket as opposed to just -w 80.
>
> Being a bear of little brain, I couldn't make the proxy stuff work.
>
> I changed everything back.  And suddenly it was like a fresh
> installation, with no way to login.
>
> Couldn't login at all.  Reran zpasswd.
>
> Zope restarts.  I login. My ACL user list is empty as are two test sites
> I was using to learn zope.  Actually empty isn't the right word - they
> are completely gone.
>
> One of them had a lot of stuff in it I don't have copies of anywhere
> else.
>
> Where is my content gone?  Surely moving port doesn't result in total
> data loss?  What do I need to do to see it again?
>
> Help please!

Two wild guesses:

* Somehow you're looking at the wrong Data.fs (the ZODB is all in this file)
* Something horrible happened to the right Data.fs - does the Undo tab
  give any clues?

fsrecover and tranalyzer could be your next steps ....
<http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB>

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/