[Zope] Local Roles via LDAP? NuxUserGroups?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 06:47:09 +0100

Hi All,

If I replace the root userfolder of a ZODB with an LDAP User Folder, will I
still be able to grant local roles to users defined in that user folder in
certain parts of the tree?

The idea here is that in a CMS, you want some people to only be able to maintain
content in certain areas of the site. Am I correct in assuming that the
'official' way of doing this in Zope is to give those users an anonymous role at
the root of the ZODB and then give them local roles appropriate to a content
maintainer in the folders where they're allowed to maintain content?

If so, how would one go about giving a group of people that content maintaining
role in an area of a site?
Hmmm, I guess if I could grant a 'role' the local role in those areas then I
could get what I'm after.

Would NuxUSerGroups help in this area at all? Do they work with LDAPUserFolder?

cheers,

Chris