[Zope] Strange error with Photo Product

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:36:22 -0700

Ron Bickers wrote:

> > > Error Type: KeyError
> > > Error Value: the_file

> > >   File Script (Python), line 8, in photo_upload

line 8 >>> the_file = request['the_file']

Try using request.form['the_file'] instead.

as a possible way to resolve a problem with the Photo which throws
a KeyError exception on the input file name.  I tried the suggested
change with no effect.  (Inspection of the REQUEST structure had already
established that it was reasonable and without name conflicts.)

Perhaps it was not clear from my posting: the upload process completes
successfully prior to the point where the exception is thrown.  Moreover,
I have checked the type of the form variable, 'the_file' and it is correct
as is its contents.

As the problem is still with me, any further suggestions would be appreciated.