[Zope] manage_renameObject

Bjørge Solli Bjørge Solli
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:10:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, peter sabaini wrote:
> context.manage_renameObject(oldid, newid) should be ok.
> douwe@oberon.nl wrote:
> >      parent.manage_renameObjects( ids=[oldlid], new_ids=[newid] )

Tried both of these. If I change 'parent' to 'context' they seem to do the
same thing; Ask for user/pwd. But even if I use my manager it does not
work, nor when I use an account with the desired role.
The parent-version returned an error of not finding 'parent'.

> cant say which permission you need though...

Anybody else?

These are the permissions the role(and manager) has:
 Add Documents, Images, and Files
 Change DTML Documents
 Change DTML Methods
 Change Images and Files
 Delete objects

In addition manager has all permissions except:
 Take ownership

To me, it seems like the problem is somewhere else, since my manager
account cant do it either.

Please help!

regards
Bjorge