[Zope] manage_renameObject

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:40:46 +0200

> Tried both of these. If I change 'parent' to 'context' they seem
> to do the
> same thing; Ask for user/pwd. But even if I use my manager it does not
> work, nor when I use an account with the desired role.
> The parent-version returned an error of not finding 'parent'.
Sorry for the previous answer, I didn't see quite that it was a permission
problem. If you press escape on the user/pwd box, you get to an error
page saying:
Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access ... in this context
You could look at the traceback and see in the source where it goes wrong.
I suppose though that you'll hit CopySupport which declares
manage_renameObject and
manage_renameObjects as depending on the View management screens permission.
If you don't want to give your users that permission, I suppose a proxy role
could
help out.

Douwe