[Zope] Populating temporary folders

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:38:43 +0200

seb bacon writes:
 > I'm using a temporary folder to store data.  However, I need it to have
 > a certain set of permission settings instead of the default; and I need
 > it to contain its own 'standard_error_message.'
 >
 > Of course, when you restart Zope, you lose such settings.
 >
 > I notice that the ability to automatically populate temporary folders
 > was removed from the product last November.
 >
 > Will I have to monkey-patch it from the filesystem on each start-up?
 > Why was the automatic population feature removed?
Maybe, you can live with the following work around:

       Wrap each of your temporary folders in a standard persistent folder.
       Give the wrapping folder the permissions you like
       and put there your objects.

       Of course, this only works when the temporary folder
       acquires objects and permissions from the context.

Dieter