[Zope] Getting all images in the ZODB 'out' into Apache-land?

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:55:41 +1000

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 8:55 pm, Tony McDonald wrote:
> I have a really good group of guys here who have been squirreling away
> images into the ZODB. Many images. Sometimes big images. All over the ZODB.
>
> I wish to save them from themselves and have these images made available
> via Apache :)
>
> Can anyone give me a clue how I might do this? The images are all over the
> place - I'd like to extract them into an external directory structure that
> I'll plop into Apache. They can then use a judicious combination of the
> Replace product (great product!) and old fashioned sweat to get the img
> src="" stuff sorted out.

We used a different scheme - all images are stored in a top-level directory
that is separate from the dynamic portions of the website. A simple sucker
script can extract the images from that dir into an Apache dir. Apache then
has a simple rewrite rule to serve the dynamic stuff from Zope, and the rest
comes from disk. Works a treat.

See also

   http://www.zope.org/Members/richard/docs/zope_optimisation.html

    Richard