[Zope] Zope + htdig indexing problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:48:24 +0200

Tiffany Webb writes:
 >    We are having a problem with htdig indexing Zope documents with
 > multiple directory listings from htdig -i -vvv:
 >
 >href:http://dev.website.com/org/org/org/org/org/org/org/org/org/core/index_a.html

Looks like a non-trivial relative URL reference. A relative URL
reference is non-trivial when it contains a "/" which is not preceeded
by "..".

Due to acquisition, Zope resolves such URL references quite well.
But, when you have a reference cycle containing one (or more)
non-trivial URL references, then the URLs get longer and longer
for each round through the circle. Humans finally stop
turning around the circle, but spiders may be stupid...

Dieter