[Zope] Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp (login problem)

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:17:18 -0400

OK, this is good information that you attached.  Zope is starting normally.
For example, in no_nic_offline.txt, you can see that the http server, on
port 8080, thinks that it should be called "127.0.0.1".  It should therefore
answer at

http://127.0.0.1:8080

If it does not, then we need to know what you observe when you try.  I am
wondering if the problem might be the very old version of Internet Explorer.
Perhaps it thinks it is off-line.  It has been so long since I used that
verson that I no longer remember the details on that, but look under the
File menu and see if there is a "Work Offline" menu item.  If there is and
it is checked, uncheck it and try again.

If you possibly can, download a newer version, or some other browser, like
Mozilla, and try that (Mozilla is smaller than IE, so if you have limited
network capability, Moz would be easier to get).

The other thing you can try as a check, but it probably will not add
anything because it looks like Zope is starting normally, is to try to ping
yourself.  Open a command prompt and type

ping 127.0.0.1 <ENTER>

You should get something like this if your network stack is working:

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=128

Cheers,

Tom P

[Breuer, Yvon]

First of all I'd like to thank those who've been trying to help me.
Unfortunately it hasn't been successfull so far. So, here's an update on the
current status. Maybe you'll find more info to help me out.   :-)

When I wrote my first mail (see below) this was how START.BAT looked like:

* Trying offline with no NIC installed, see attachment: no_nic_offline.txt
* Trying online with no NIC installed, see attachtment: no_nic_online.txt

And my hosts.sam file looked like this (still does), see attachment:
hosts.txt

After your tips I tried several but --as you already understood-- without
success. So, I got myself a NIC and installed it. It was recognized by Win98
and drivers were installed. Now I tried to login offline again but unluckily
again without success. This is how START.BAT looked like:
with_nic_offline.txt