[Zope] Changing a Zope environment variable?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:03:04 -0400

[Chris McDonough]

> You've successfully created a Python variable but you haven't set an
> environment variable. ;-)
>
> In Windows NT/2000/XP, I believe the incantation for setting
> environment variables is either:
>
>   - Use the Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced ->
> Environment Variables tab
>     and set a "system variable" by clicking "New"

Or, right-click on the My Computer icon, select Properties, and then the
Environmental Variables tab.  Another way to get to the same dialog.

> You might try restarting Windows after adding the system variable to
> make sure it "takes".

Don't have to, but you will have to stop Zope and restart it.  You can do
this from the Services panel (Right-click on My Computer, then select
Manage), or from a command prompt, using "net".  If "zope" is the actual
name of the Zope service, you can stop/start it with

net stop zope
net start zope

Cheers,

Tom P