[Zope] LocalFS and <dtml-tree>

Aseem Mohanty aseem@neurobehavioralsystems.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 05:44:28 -0700

Hi ,

I have a LocalFS instance that gives access to a folder on my disk. Now
I would like to display the contents of any desired folder in the tree
style on a page.

The code that I have is:

<dtml-let tree_root="ex_files_storage[REQUEST.folder]">

<dtml-tree Name=tree_root>
  <dtml-var getId>
</dtml-tree>

</dtml-let>

This unfortunately does not display anything, just a blank page.

I also tried the <dtml-tree> tag to be like this:

<dtml-tree Name=tree_root branches="fileValues">

that kind of works in that I only get  list of all folders in the
"REQUEST.folder" directory without the + signs that allow you to expand
and see if  the folder has any sub-folders, even if they exist... just a
list of ids of folders in the requested folder

the reason i tried it the former way first is that LocalFS has the
"tpValues" function defined, so I asssumed everything would be great.

What am I doing wrong here?? How can I get a tree view of the contents
of the folder in LocalFS??

Finally will the dtml-tree view show individual files in the folders or
do I have to specify the leaves parameter and write my own stuff to show
that??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes