[Zope] How do _you_ contribute articles to a Zope intranet?

Pieter Biemond prive pieterb@gewis.nl
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:00:00 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi,
>
> Since I now have a basic intranet running with Zope, I'm currently
> creating/editing articles but copy/pasting the HTML code into Namo's
> WYSIWYG HTML Webeditor, but it's clumsy, and I must remember to add the
> <dtml-var standard_html_header> and <dtml-var standard_html_footer> in each
> new articles. Keeping those two tools open and switching back and forth is
> a drag, and unusable by non-techies.

I have customized IEDocument
(http://www.zope.org/Members/arvid/IEDocument), which is based on
the Zope product (http://www.zope.org/Members/sf/HTMLDocument). I
also used parts of the IEEditor,
http://vsbabu.org/webdev/zopedev/ieeditor.html for getting HTML-tables
working.

I think making a good TTW (throug the web) WYSIWYG editing tool for
HTML-documents in Zope would make it easy for any non-techie user
to contribute to a website. Unfortuately I didn't find any good TTW
WYSIWYG Editor widgets (there is a comprehensive list at:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/ttw.html)

For a list of non-TTW editors for Zope have a look at:
http://zopezen.org/Editors.

I think ExternalEdit is not suitable for letting editors create
content, because it requires the program to be installed on the
client. I'll try it for my next Zope installation (not working with
Zope a lot anymore).

Regards,

Pieter