[Zope] Web Solutions provider - using Zope ok?

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:42:27 -0400

Yes. see http://www.zope.org/About for an example :-)

>- Support for creating user groups by functions, and
>assigning ACL, FAL (Feature Access List) to users

Zope's native support save you a LOT of coding time here.

see http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/Security.stx

Also see: http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/Security.stx

and: http://www.zope.org/Products/user_management

See: http://www.zope.com/Demos/cm3 for a demo (quicktime or flash)

>- Report generation tools

??

Dynamic SQL + presentation templates has given me all the reports I'll ever
need :-)

>Regards,
>Firestar

Two other notes:

The Zope community is awesome, and generally very helpful. :-)

I've seen experienced Java developers working as Zope newbies complete
projects
5-10 times faster using Zope. Of course they are still Java geeks, and want
to use
Java for their next project...  Oh well...

Adam