[Zope] page align=center?

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:09:27 -0500

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:03:06PM +0200, Breuer, Yvon wrote:

> I want to center the pages I've made in a similar way you have when
> you'd use frames, like: *,800,* (or even like: 10%,80%,10%).  In
> other words: I want my page to be displayed in a fixed width in the
> middle of the browser. Resulting in a variable width for the left
> and right side.

Use a 3-column table with whitespace contents on the left and right
columns if you need to support Netscape 4 or other browsers from
around 1997, otherwise use CSS.

> As far as I know the <center>-tags are not capable of doing
> something like this.  Therefore I asked the list if there is
> something in DTML that can take care of this.

DTML has no inherent way of knowing your browser's width, and has no
page layout tools in any case. This is really an HTML question, as
others have said. I tend to use http://www.htmlhelp.com/ as my
reference for CSS and HTML stuff anymore.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu