[Zope] Bizarre, Frustrating Browser-Specific Behavior?

Steve Drees drees@rangebroadband.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:36:56 -0500

> 1. Working in IE5 on Macintosh OS X, I often encounter what look for all

I've not seen this. But I so rarely use a mac. From your description it's
clear that nothing is being permanenlty messed up. This leads me to believe
this is a client side issue.

> 2. Working in Netscape 6 and/or Mozilla 1.0 on Win2K, I had the

This happens frequently and has to do with cacheing, or a lack there of.
I've noticed this alot on IE on the windows platform. I've grown acustomed
to ctrl-a ctrl-c before submitting an edit.

> 3. Only annoying, but in IE5 on Win2K, the object editing area in the ZMI
> is too wide for the space and cannot be adjusted using the "Narrower"
> button to come within range. Result: a significant amount of horizontal
> scrolling.

This can be fixed. It's poorly written style in the dtml for the zmi. I
usually edit the appropriate files upon an upgrade of zope. ZC has claimed
to fix this at least once, but they still have it wrong. One wonders if they
use IE at all there....

> I'm running Zope 2.3.3 against Python 1.5 on my ISP-hosted Zope sites. I
> would upgrade to 2.5 (which is available on my ISP) now that I'm
> no longer
> using Squishdot for discussions, but I've not read anything here that
> indicates such a change would have any impact on these issues.

2.5 is FAR more stable than 2.3.3 in my experience.