[Zope] Bizarre, Frustrating Browser-Specific Behavior?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:50:26 -0400

[Steve Drees]

> > 1. Working in IE5 on Macintosh OS X, I often encounter what look for all
>
> I've not seen this. But I so rarely use a mac. From your description it's
> clear that nothing is being permanenlty messed up. This leads me to
believe
> this is a client side issue.
>

> > 2. Working in Netscape 6 and/or Mozilla 1.0 on Win2K, I had the
>
> This happens frequently and has to do with cacheing, or a lack there of.
> I've noticed this alot on IE on the windows platform. I've grown acustomed
> to ctrl-a ctrl-c before submitting an edit.

If it is about caching, with IE on Windows you can set the caching to "Check
for newer versions of pages Automatically"  (this is what I am using with no
troubles), or  on "every visit to the page".  On Mozilla, I have it set to
"When the page is out of date", and so far have not had any problems.

Cheers,

Tom P