[Zope] Testing IDEs with Zope -- call for some participation?

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:47:18 +0300

Hi all,

I did some searches on mailing lists and this seems to be quite often=20
asked question or topic of discussion: what IDE or tool suits you (sir)?

I just fownloaded Komodo and WingIDE - and also Boa Constructor.=20
During the next 20 - 30 days I will be playing around and testing all=20
of these eventhough comparing them against each other is not that fair.

What I am proposing - or asking - is would anyone else be interested=20
to test these tools at the same time and possibly write together a=20
Wiki with screenshots and notes about how to use each of these tools.=20
If more than one person would be writing these comments and sharing=20
notes, we migth get over too much personally biased opinions. And of=20
course these notes would help all the fellow zopistas around the world=20
to put their euros into the rigth software for them and possibly help=20
them also test the software for themselves.

Please - I need your help on this, since I don=E4t really have time to=20
go through all these by my self - or have all the ideas on what should=20
be tested. Besides I like in software totally different things than=20
everyone else, since I am one of those GUI guys who likes to see=20
pretty things ,-)

Anyone interested now? Reply. Now.

Ps.

After installing Komodo, WingIDE and Boa I am drooling over Komodo.=20
F*ck it is beatiful, nice and friendly. Even though also WingIDE has=20
partly tips like Komodo - it feels like Komodo rocks. Also there are=20
good tutorials and samples to get me started. THIS IS what software=20
should be like, powerfull yet easy to use ,-)

-huima