[Zope] Re: Speeding up Zope startup

Barry Berenberg berenberg@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:43:05 -0600

I'm running Zope 2.5.1 under Windows 2000 on a P3-500 machine. I start it
manually as a service. The service seems to start quickly (it says it's
started after 5 seconds or so), but it's another 30 seconds or so until I
can access the server. I've watched the task manager while it's starting up,
and it's the python.exe process that is using up CPU time during the wait.

I just assumed 30 seconds was the normal startup time. On a 667 MHz G4
Powerbook (OSX 10.1.5), the Zope server takes 20-25 seconds to start.

Barry Berenberg