[Zope] How to add a property to a file system product class ?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:43:36 +0100

Hi Orlando,

Please don't double post and please don't post in HTML...

Orlando Sanchez Hotmail wrote:
> Hi everybody, I have a file system product, it has a class with some
> properties, but I now need to add a new property to the class, it works
> ok for the new objects that get created, but the old objects doesn't
> have the new property added, so when I try to display it, zope gives me
> an error. What should I do to get the new property added to all the old
> objects ?.

Well, there are two possibilites:

1. make your forms and edit methods take into account that the property
may not exist

2. write a Script(Python) that goes through and adds the property toall
existing objects that don't have it. Check out:

http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/zopefind

cheers,

Chris