[Zope] SecurityCheckPermission

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:17:05 -0400

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:49:03PM -0400, NathanDunn@ctimi.com wrote:
> What is the TAL equivelant to:
>

>  <dtml-if "
>  _.SecurityCheckPermissio
>  n('Delete objects',this
>  ())">

The problem here is that Page Templates don't have access to the
DTML namespace (the _ variable), and I haven't found any other way to
access SecurityCheckPermissions. It lives in lib/python/AccessControl/DTML.py
and you get an authorization error if you try to get it via the
modules namespace in ZPT.

However, if what you're really trying to do is solve the problem you
posted earler about hiding inaccessible folders in a listing,
I think what you really want is this:
http://www.zope.org/Members/peterbe/DTML2ZPT/#example17

I haven't seen any documentation of what the skip parameter is,
and I haven't had a chance to look through the source code to
see what it does.

p.s. Looks like I'll be seeing you very soon, Nathan!
I'll be calling Scott shortly to check in, and ask a few
questions...

--Paul Winkler