[Zope] Apache, Zope, and SSL with dynamic IP?

Jack Coates jack@monkeynoodle.org
26 Jul 2002 22:54:59 -0700

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 01:05, Nigel Head wrote:

> Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
>
> > ... virtual hosts cannot be supported for SSL "due to the nature
> > of the SSL protocol", only IP based virtual hosts.
>
> In my own simple mind I have this filed as a catch22 class thing: to
do virtual SSL hosts on one IP a server would need to know which virtual
host is targetted to serve the right certificate. But it can't do that
without negotiating with a certificate to get access to the clear
datastream first ...

> N.
but if the negotiation is done by an Apache vhost before it ProxyPasses
the request to Zope....
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...