[Zope] Use of Zope

Breuer, Yvon YBreuer@tee.toshiba.de
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:35:02 +0200

> Jim Kutter:
> I was curious to see what everyone is using zope for.
> I would love to take a quick survey and see who is using Zope and why?

Hi Jim & the rest of the bunch,

I'm using Zope to create a website to raise funds for a hospital in =
Ghana.
Some of the reasons to choose for Zope were:
1st - It is capable of doing everything we want, for example:
      * I want the website to be multi-lingual,=20
        in order to reach as many people as possible.
      * We want to have online donations.
      * We want people who donated to be able to see what=20
        will be done with their money. (online of course,=20
        but maybe also as a mailinglist)
      * We would like that 'normal' teammembers (sounds different=20
        than I meant ;-) ) to be able to update the content of the
        pages without being a 'internet goeroe'.
2nd - It's open source, so therefore it's:
      * well supported (advantage for me ;-) ) AND=20
      * of course, it's for free! (advantage for the foundation:
        we have better plans to use the money for)

By the way:
* The foundation is called: St. John Hospital.
* The hospital is called: St. John of God Hopital.
* The hospital is situated in: Duayaw Nkwanta (Ghana).
* Current situation?
  See: http://www.zwo.nhl.nl/hbov/buitenlandstage/ghana.html.
  It's not my site, but it's nice to get a clue about some of the needs.
  (Some is in Dutch, but most of it is in English).
* Current project?
  We want to built a mortuary.=20
  Why? You'll find out as soon as the website is finished!
  (Which might take a little while...) ;-)

Questions and/or remarks?
Please, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Yvon Breuer