[Zope] newbie question - start page configuration

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:14:23 -0700

No. A python script object called 'index_html' in your root folder. This
will then act as the default document when you fetch "/", resulting in a
swift redirect.

> > 2) Put it behind apache and use VirtualHostMonster. This is more
> > complicated, but it can make "/Examples" appear and act as your
> site root.
>
> Do you mean in httpd.conf where the virtual hosts are configured,
> say in my case, like;
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>     DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data
>     ServerName skytrackercanada.com
> </VirtualHost>

No. You need to do some mod_proxy voodoo. It has nothing to do with apache's
virtual hosts. Add a VirtualHostMonster object to your zope in the root
folder and read the docs. It's quite harmless. There is also some docs in
the usual places: zope.org, zopelabs, etc.

> if so, this is not an http address.
>
> Can I direct DocumentRoot to a specific directory like with
> apache, and Zope will execute it? If so what directory would
> ./Examples/myprograms fall under?

Not that I've found. Perhaps it is possible but I've never done it.